You care for your woods. We do, too.
Adaptive Restoration's restorative forestry services allow landowners to plan and implement long-term, ecologically sound, science-based land stewardship. Our staff includes Wisconsin DNR cooperating foresters and certified Managed Forest Law (MFL) plan writers. We offer a variety of forest management services including prescribed burns, mechanical and herbicide treatment of invasive species, timber stand improvement (TSI), draft horse powered harvests, and utilization and marketing of forest products.
We offer restorative forestry services primarily in southern Wisconsin. Our clients appreciate our expertise, creativity and attention to detail. Our restorative forestry aided by draft horse power allows us to work on smaller forest parcels and inherently means great care and attention to detail in the implementation of management practices. We work smarter, because we often work with two horsepower. Call or e-mail us today to discuss your project.
- Restorative harvests with draft horse power
- Chainsaw safety training (group and one-on-one) with our Safety and Woods Worker (SAWW) certified trainer
- Forest management plans, including Managed Forest Law (MFL) plans
- Timber sale setup, bidding and administration
- Forest inventory and mapping
- Appraisals - land, timber, damage or trespass
- Herbicide application
- Timber stand improvement marking or labor
- Prescribed burning
- Environmental impact studies
- Forest resource and economic studies
- Recreation planning and assistance
- Arboriculture, urban and community forestry
- Trail building and design
- Invasive species management
- Savanna and oak woodland restoration
- Precision tree felling (minimizes residual stand damage)